The Pivot Mach 6 bike has been in development for over two years and the excitement brewing behind this bike is nothing short of explosive. This has honestly been the hardest secret for us to keep quiet. However, knowing the level of bike we’ve developed makes the unveiling of this incredible machine that much sweeter.
The Mach 6 Carbon from Pivot is a second-generation enduro bike. Many would think that this bike fits comfortably somewhere between the brands downhill-specific Phoenix and the cross country Mach 429. However after trying out the original Mach 6 we discovered that is was truly capable of slotting into either one of those categories. The second Mach 6 is pleasantly impressive and is definitely worth a look at if you are thinking about grabbing yourself a professional piece of kit. The Mach 6 has been designed to cater for the enduro and trial racers who excel in bombing through the trail up and down at breakneck pace. Even though the majority of the biking world may believe that this bike is only limited to battling the clock between the course tape, it is also great for the ordinary rider who is in the market for an ultra-versatile and aggressive trial bike. The rig overall is a thing of beauty and available in multiple colours, giving you the option to stand out from the crowed. For the Mach 6, Pivot decided to go with the “hollow box”, high-compression, internal molding carbon manufacturing process which is used in their other carbon creations. In simpler words, the walls of the frame (internally & externally) are very dense and uniform, this means it can handle big impacts very well. In addition to this the frame is stiff and extremely lightweight, any rider will tell you this is excellent. Other frame related talking points include the bottom bracket which is a PressFit BB92. The Mach also includes a tapered head tube, redesigned internal cable routing, Boost 148-,millimeter rear axle spacing and rubberized leather frame protectors on the downtube, chainstay and inner seat stay. The rig uses a DW-Link suspension design with 6.1 inches of rear wheel travel. What is rather impressive is that the brand was able to keep the chainstays to an extremely short 16.9 inches. The Mach is available in many different build kits, which vary in price. We enjoyed using one with a top-shelf SRAM XX1 build combined with fox suspension and an upgrade DT Swiss XMC1200 carbon wheelset. We can’t really criticise a build kit of this quality. Weighing in well at under 30 pounds as well! When we took the Mach 6 on a test run we found that the initial riding position is a bit upright. However it has a lengthy cockpit that allows the use of a shorter stem without making the rider feel somewhat cramped. The Mach 6 offers a nice bit of supple travel when pedaling and offers solid support to keep the rider stuck into the bike. We would sum the pedaling up as firm but fast. We found that the Mach 6 was no slouch when it comes to climbing, although not being the lightest bike on Pivots range it benefits from the ultra-efficient suspension design. The build is also comfortable at cornering and has no problems when descending at high speeds. Overall the Mach 6 delivered with fun and aggressive trial biking. The impressive peddling, suspension and traction are all great positives from Pivots carbon build kit.
• Full carbon frame featuring leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot’s proprietary hollow core internal molding technology.
• 155mm (6.1”) of renowned dw-link® suspension
• 27.5-inch wheels for the fastest descents and superior rollover in technical terrain
• Pivot’s new ultra-stiff, DH-inspired, double-wishbone rear triangle design
• All new, cold-forged wider and stiffer upper and lower linkage design with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings
• New 12 x 148mm Boost rear spacing for maximum stiffness and control.
• Custom-tuned Fox Factory Kashima Float X shock with EVOL air sleeve.
• Designed to work with forks from 150-160mm in travel
• All new internal cable routing, featuring Pivot’s Cable Port System and full Di2 integration
• Internal stealth dropper post compatible
• New Pivot removable front derailleur mount for a clean frame design with 1X and perfect front shifting with Shimano’s side-swing 2X system.
• Post mount disc brake mounts for precision and weight savings
• PF92 bottom bracket for light weight, durability and ease of maintenance - co-designed by Pivot Cycles and Shimano, now the industry-leading standard for high-end mountain bikes
• Rubberized leather chainstay, inner seat stay, and down tube protectors for a quiet ride and higher impact resistance
• Medium frame weight: 6.5lbs including shock.
• 30.9mm seat post diameter
|Model||Pivot - Mach 6 Carbon V2|
|Rear Axle||148 x 12mm Boost|
Spread the cost over a period of up to 24 months with no extra cost. Credit is subject to application, and UK Cycle Centre acts as a credit broker and is not the lender.
Representative 0% Finance Example
Item Value £1,000
Amount of credit £900
12 monthly payments of £75
24 monthly payments of £37.50
Total amount payable £1,000
Checkout: Simply checkout and select 0% Finance to apply